Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife has all the properties of typical Kershaw Blurs which set it in a league of its own. Just like all the other blurs, Kershaw Ken Onion Blur comes equipped with a big yet slightly re-curved blade which is simply ideal for executing several functions. The shape of its blade slices and pierces through just about everything seamlessly. It is made of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant, yet extremely durable. It’s black blur also comes with DLC coated blade that makes it corrosion resistant and much more stylish. It has black handles along with Trac-Tec grip-tape handle inserts which make it easier to hold it firmly. Its partially serrated blade gives.
additional cutting prowess to slice through ropes, cords, cables and other fibrous materials like a cake. The Blur comes equipped with Speed Safe assisted opening for easy one-handed opening. This blur also has a pre-drilled lanyard hole that looks quite stylish too.
- 0.1 Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife – Top Features at a Glance
- 0.2 What makes Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife a standout
- 0.3 Aircraft Aluminum
- 0.4 Perfect by all means
- 0.5 >>> Check Current Price on Amazon.com <<<
- 0.6 Few Cons You Must Know About
- 1 FAQ:
- 2 Our Verdict
Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife – Top Features at a Glance
- Made in the USA
- Frame made from 440A Stainless Steel
- Speed Safe assisted opening
- Inset liner lock
- Blade Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, comes with DLC coating
- Reversible (tip-up/tip-down) pocket clip
- Handle made from 6061-T6 anodized aluminum comes with Trac-Tec inserts
- Closed length: 4.5 in
- Blade length: 3.4 in
- Total length: 7.9 in
- Weight: 110.5 g
What makes Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife a standout
A short push over the thumb stud is enough to overcome the torsion bar’s inbuilt resistance within this beauty’s Speed Safe mechanism. Once the resistance is out of the way, the Speed Safe takes over, pushing the blade out of the handle swiftly and rather easily. This is why you will find its one-handed opening a lot easier than any other similar knives. The pocket clip is reversible as per your choice of tip-up/tip-down carry.
Its handle may appear style, yet rather just like any other material to you. However, you will be amazed to learn that Kershaw Ken Onion Blur has the same durable 6061-T6 anodized aluminum which is used in crafting aircraft fittings. This is why, despite being so sturdy and durable, it is quite light in weight, scratchless, and looks stylish despite not having any special engraving.
Perfect by all means
The brand name, Kershaw, itself has been a synonym for top quality for several years now. Kershaw Ken Onion Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe is undoubtedly one of the better marvels it has created till date, which ensures true value for money, and a longevity that will surprise you, besides everyone else around you.
Quick Overview at Benefits of using Kershaw Ken Onion Blur
- Made from high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel
- Extremely durable
- Corrosion resistant
- Come handy for a number of functions
- Can slice anything easily
- Comes with an effective Speed Safe mechanism
- Easily opens with just one hand
Few Cons You Must Know About
- Thumb jumping may feel a bit weak to some, but grip usually makes up for it
- Pocket clip tends to be really tight at times
- It’s razor sharp edge can be well its drawback too, and so should be carefully handled
- Can seem a bit pricey too owing to its so any uses and features
Q: Does this knife lock open?
A: Yes, this knife does lock open.
Q: Is it an assisted opening knife?
A: Yes, it is.
Q: What steel does it have?
A: The knife blade is 14C28N, while its frame is made from 440A steel.
Q: Are Kershaw Blurs made in China too?
A: The high-end versions are only made in the U.S. China caters to low-end requirements, which to have a potentially huge requirement globally.
All in all, Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is one amazing folding knife that comes loaded with lots of features and tech specs. It is ultra easy to use and is used for so many purposes that you will only realize with time. It will give you a sense of sophistication from the word go, and will showcase just how durable and efficient it can be, for several years to come. And of course, you can show your style statement by using it in your kitchen or can carry it along wherever you go to keep yourself feel safer along the dark alleys.